Author: Anne Belden
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. good, bittersweet chocolate, chopped up
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Set oven to 325
- line a 9”cake pan with a piece of was paper, then butter and flour it
- Melt butter, add chocolate and melt while stirring, then remove from heat
- Stir in sugar
- Add eggs s, one at a time, whisking each one till well blended. At the end the mixture will be thicker and pull away from the sides of the pan
- Pour into the lined cake pan
- Place the cake pan in a “water bath” - a larger pan that is half filled with water
- Bake about an hour, or till the top of the cake is ever so slightly cracking
- Remove cake from oven and water bath. Let cool 2 hours before removing from pan and serving.
- This serves 8 people and is good with a dollop of whipped cream and/or raspberries.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.