I enjoy working in a variety of settings, calling on different skills. Contact me to learn about my fees. Because of the tremendous financial stress of infertility and adoption, I work on a sliding scale when necessary. Let’s have a conversation about it.
One to One Coaching
Clients come to me seeking support in getting from where they are to where they wish to be, either emotionally, spiritually or practically. My sessions are one hour either weekly or every other week for as long or as brief as clients desire. Unlike many coaches, I don’t have packages as I find my way of working to be an organic process. During the time we are actively working together, I offer brief email/ phone support in between sessions. For anyone considering working with me, I offer an initial phone consultation at no charge.
“I started working with Anne as I began my journey as a new parent. Anne has truly been an inspirational life coach to me as I’ve navigated and explored this new path in my life. She has allowed me to think about life’s challenges in a new light, always posing questions and encouraging me to see things from different perspectives. She deeply listens, guides me in self-reflection which allows me to move forward in positive ways. The coaching sessions have given me the gift of carving out time to take care of myself, restoring balance in my life and giving me a sense of renewal. All of these things in turn allow and help me to be a more present and better parent to my children. I have truly enjoyed working with Anne as I grow and evolve on the journey of motherhood.”
Regular Monthly Support Groups
Wonderful things can happen in groups, different from working individually. The following groups are held monthly either in my office or at Maine Medical Center. Please contact me to register, at 207.233.5939.
- Struggling to Conceive Group – a FREE monthly support group formen and women experiencing infertility at any stage, for any reason. This group is part of RESOLVE, the national organization. Held at Maine Med in the Dana Center, usually the 4th Tuesday of each month, 6:00 – 7:30 PM.
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Group – a FREE monthly support group for men and women who have experienced a pregnancy loss at any stage of pregnancy, had a medical termination, a still birth, or infant loss. Held at Anne’s office, usually the 2nd Tuesday of each month, from 6:00 – 7:30.
- Pregnancy & Parenting After Infertility and Loss – a monthly group for women who are pregnant following infertility or loss of a pregnancy or baby. Held at Anne’s office usually the 1st Tuesday of each month, 6:00- 7:30pm. There is a $15 /month
“Anne’s friendly, approachable style instantly puts those in her presence at ease. As a participant in the parent support group, I can personally attest to her impressive skills as both facilitator and coach. Her attentive listening, skillful questioning, and helpful framing of complex issues all contributed to powerful and transformative sessions.”
Retreats and Group Series
Here is a sampling of group series, workshops and retreats that are available. Contact me to find out more and to let me know you are interested in one:
- Mind/Body Fertility Awareness Program – a 4 week ( 10 hour ) program for women who are trying to conceive
- Adoptive Parent Coaching Group – a series of sessions held in Portland for both domestic and international adoptive families
- The Pregnancy of Adoption – a series for parents waiting to adopt
- Supporting Our Fertility – a daylong retreat for women trying to conceive
- A Chat Circle for Girls – a series for adopted teen girls
From the 2014 Mind/Body Fertility Awareness Program:
“I loved it ! So many useful exercises I can use and I really appreciated the time to connect with other women going through the same struggles. Thank so much ! “
Speaking and Workshops
I am available to speak to your small or large group in any setting.Here is a sampling of topics:
- Demeter, Shame and The Wandering Womb: Fertility and Power Across the Ages
- Five Strategies for Navigating Infertility
- Mind/Body Fertility Awareness
- The Pregnancy of Adoption
- The Joy Diet, based on the work of Martha Beck
- Infertility 101 – for groups wanting to better understand the problem of infertility
- Your Body Compass, Your Best Friend
“Anne is a dynamic and articulate presenter who connects with her audiences through an appealing blend of warmth and professionalism. She conveys her topics in such an accessible way that all types of learners can gain knowledge and still immensely enjoy the experience. Anne’s style is personal, yet professional and the passion she has for group process, training, and facilitation shines through in all aspects of her work. Hardy Girls Healthy Women has contracted with Anne to develop and deliver trainings in New England, Michigan and Texas, with diverse audiences of adult learners and received purely positive feedback and evaluation. I highly recommend Anne Belden as a presenter and facilitator for any group, training or conference setting.” Megan Williams, President Hardy Girls Healthy Women