Asian Peanut Sauce
Author: Anne Belden
I have made this sauce dozens of times, tweaking it each time and making it better and better. You will find your own favorite balance of flavors. We make this to mainly for a chinese noodle dish, but can be served with chicken , veggies, beef too.
- 4 Tbls peanut oil
- 2 Tbls rice vinegar
- 1 Tbls sesame oil
- ¼ cup peanut butter, smooth
- ⅛-1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves
- fresh ginger, to taste- about 2 Tbls or so
- fresh basil to taste - about ¼ cup leaves or so
- Blend all of these ingredients in a food processor or even a blender.
- Do not heat this sauce, it will separate, just serve over hot pasta.
- It may be frozen for a month or so.
- For Chinese Peanut Noodles:
- Toss linguini with a little peanut oil first, let cool slightly, add in sauce, sauteed broccoli, chopped green onions, a spoon of sesame seeds, maybe some chopped red pepper and even some chicken if you like. Serve immediately, if you let it sit too long the peanut sauce will soak in and it becomes too globby.